Wall Stone Shapes & Sizes
|Product||# of Panels/ |
|Face Ft/ |
|% of Wall |
Anchor Highland 3" Combo
(32 each size)
Anchor Highland 6" Combo
(20 each size)
Calculating Stone Quantities
The Anchor Sequent 3"/6" Wall system is a mixture of the Anchor Highland 3" Combo and the Anchor Highland 6" Combo retaining wall stones. To calculate the total amounts needed to complete the Anchor Sequent pattern, you follow the following calculations:
Length of Wall x Height = Total Face Feet of Wall
Total Face Feet of Wall x 0.33 = Face Feet of Anchor Highland 3" Combo Needed
*Divide this Number by 24 and Round Up to Nearest Pallet
Full Pallets x 24 = Anchor Highland 3" Combo
Total Face Feet of Wall x 0.67 = Face Feet of Anchor Highland 6" Combo Needed
*Divide this Number by 30 and Round Up to Nearest Pallet
Full Pallets x 30 = Anchor Highland 6" Combo
Full Pallets Anchor Highland 3" Combo + Full Pallets Anchor Highland 6" Combo
= Total Face Feet of Anchor Sequent 3"/6" Needed
A wall 125' long x 3' tall = 375 Face Feet
375 Face Feet x 0.33 = 123.75 Face Feet
123.75 Face Feet / 24 = 5.16 Pallets > Round Up to 6 Pallets
6 pallets x 24 = 144 Face Feet of Anchor Highland 3" Combo
375 Face Feet x 0.67 = 251.25 Face Feet
251.25 Face Feet / 30 = 8.38 Pallets > Round Up to 9 Pallets
9 pallets x 30 = 270 Face Feet of Anchor Highland 6" Combo
144 Face Feet Anchor Highland 3" Combo + 270 Face Feet Anchor Highland 6" Combo
= 414 Face Feet of Anchor Sequent 3"/6' Needed
Anchor Sequent 3"/6" Installation Pattern
Combine the Highland Stone® 3-inch and 6-inch wall systems to construct a multipleheight wall with the easy-to-use Sequent™ panelinstallation pattern. This panel approach breaks up the horizontal lines of a typical single-height product. The repeating Sequent™installation pattern is easy for contractors to install on a large scale in order to create a random, textured look.
- Determine the square footage of exposed wall.
- A) Each panel covers 2.25 sq. ft. Divide the square footage of exposed wall by 2.25 to determine the number of panels.
- B) Each pallet of Highland Stone® 6-inch Combo can complete 20 panels. Divide the number of panels by 20 (rounding up) to determine the number of Highland Stone® 6-inchCombo pallets required.
- C) Each pallet of Highland Stone® 3-inch Combo can complete 32 panels. Divide the number of panels by 32 (rounding up) to determine the number of Highland Stone® 3-inch Combo pallets required.
- Determine the linear footage of base course, and divide by the appropriate factor below to calculate the amount of material required.
- A) Highland Stone® 6 inch Combo = 60 linear feet per pallet.
- B) 18-inch-only blocks: 1.5 linear feet per block.
- Add the exposed wall and base course requirements. Don’t forget the caps!
Panel Installation Pattern
This installation pattern uses an equal number of units of each face size to make a panel.
Installtion Guide Lines
- Start by using all three units of 6-inch product.
- Next, use all three units of the 3-inch product and stack them on the first three units, staggering the bond. This completes panel one. (See orange-colored area in Installation Pattern.)
- Working along the wall, next use all three units of the alternate-sized product
- Use alternate product and stack units on the course described in step 3, staggering the bond. This completes the second panel. (See brown-colored area in Installation Pattern). Repeat panel installations across the base course.
- . Backfill, compact and install grid or structural backfill, if needed.
- . Start the next set of panels by staggering the first unit 18 inches to the right or left of lower panels and repeat step 1.
Continue to install panels to complete the wall.